Sony FX30: How Super35 Is Still an Excellent Choice in Today’s World07/03/2023
With Sony’s innovations in the mirrorless world, full-frame is more accessible than ever before. Even so, cameras with Super 35 sensors, such as the Sony FX30, remain an excellent option for filmmakers across the board. In this B&H video, Stepan Andranikian discusses the many benefits of utilizing the FX30 over its full-frame counterparts. Covering topics such as lens options, effective focal range, size, and functions, Andranikian delves into how Super 35 can provide a more optimal filming experience when compared to full-frame.
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:11 – The Benefits of APS-C Lenses
- 1:57 – Who Would Benefit from APS-C?
- 2:23 – Visiting The B&H SuperStore
- 2:40 – Directly Comparing Full-frame to APS-C (70-300mm ff vs. 70-350mm aps-c)
- 3:00 – Telephoto Dominance: Increased Effective Focal Length
- 4:16 – Full-Frame Compatibility
- 4:45 – Who the FX30 is For/Why Pick FX30 over Full-Frame Alternatives?
- 7:27 – Super 35: A Cinema Standard
- 8:02 – Real Life FX30 Footage Demo
- 9:02 – Closing Thoughts
What are your thoughts on using Super 35 sensor cameras like the FX30? Do you think it stacks up to the might of full-frame? Let us know what you think down below!