Think Like a Filmmaker07/26/2023
Photographer and cinematographer Jeff Berlin discusses how he learned to think like a filmmaker. Berlin breaks down the basics of creating cinematic content, goes over his techniques, and explains everything you need to know about cinematography.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 1:43 - Jeff Berlin's work
- 7:25 - What Makes Film Cinematic?
- 13:32 - Breaking Down Director's Notes
- 15:55 - The Journey from Photo to Film
- 17:30 - The Best Camera for "The Mission"
- 23:09 - What is Dual-Base ISO?
- 26:14 - 180-Degree Shutter Rule: What is Shutter Angle?
- 28:40 - What is Bit-Depth?
- 32:03 - Shooting Log and Aspect Ratio
- 35:46 - Let's Talk About Being Creative
- 39:37 - Some Rules to Follow as a Filmmaker
- 46:55 - Keep Filming
- 49:36 - Final Thoughts
- 56:13 - References
- 57:56 - Q&As
Are you ready to pick up your film camera? Share your thoughts in the Comments section, below.