Living with Chronic Illness as a Photographer08/22/2023
Siân was diagnosed with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Endometriosis, but that didn't stop her from following her passion for photography. Since her diagnoses, Siân has used photography as a positive tool to get her through her chronic illness. She talks about how she didn't give up, as well as how branching out into other areas in the industry has allowed her to create new opportunities.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 2:02 - Siân's Background
- 4:21 - Life Before Chronic Illness
- 9:07 - Diagnosis and Living with Chronic Illness
- 14:28 - Using Photography as a Positive Tool
- 18:06 - Adapting
- 21:48 - Planning Tips
- 26:15 - Create a Safe Space for Yourself
- 35:00 - Rest
- 36:33 - Branching Out and Getting Published
- 41:03 - Personal Projects
- 54:28 - Recap/ Final Thoughts
- 1:00:30 - Q&A
Is photography a positive tool in your life? Let us know in the Comments section, below.