Introduction to Photography, Part 3: Composition05/11/2023
In Part 3 of this four-part Introduction to Photography series, Sony Artisan of Imagery Tony Gale breaks down the principles of composition.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 3:12 - Composition: Why and How to Frame a Photo
- 7:24 - What Are You Trying to Say in Your Photos?
- 9:06 - What's in the Frame?
- 15:41 - Composing In-Camera
- 19:24 - Balance, Symmetry, Reflection, and Repetition
- 20:21 - Edges of the Frame/The Form of Elements in the Frame
- 27:35 - Lens Choice
- 31:24 - Finding the Angle
- 27:26 - Rule of Thirds, Leading Lines, and Framing
- 41:15 - Camera Tools
- 41:28 - Q&A
Do you have any other photo composition tips to share? Let us know in the Comments section, below.