Harness the Power of Natural Light07/11/2023
In this video, join Westcott Top Pro Ian Spanier as he deconstructs a recent location shoot. Spanier explains how he uses harsh sunlight to his advantage and finds the best solutions to the limitations of on-location photoshoots.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 1:43 - Problem Solving on Location
- 6:13 - Gear
- 9:38 - Open Shade: The Sun as a Backlight / Sun Flares: The Sun as a Highlight
- 18:20 - Using Reflectors: The Power of Light Compels You!
- 21:16 - Review: Tips & Tricks
- 25:44 - Avoid the "Bad Light"
- 30:25 - Using the Sun as Your Key Light
- 33:00 - Be Aware of Weather Changes
- 38:27 - Magic Hour Light
- 40:57 - Review: Tips & Tricks
- 44:33 - Final Thoughts
Are you a pro at on-location shoots? Share your tips in the Comments section, below.